Why ICO’s Arabic learning series is a distinguished one?!
It is a comprehensive series designed to teach Arabic to non native speaking children, youth and adults. It offers the latest methods of second-language instruction, with special emphasis on building the four linguistic skills needed to learn a language: listening, speaking, reading and writing. The program introduces linguistic elements, such as words, expressions and grammatical constructions, through the use of real-life situations.
ICO’s Arabic learning series is a distinguished one because:
- The curriculum meets the needs of the target group for integrated, coherent, and appropriate curricula.
- It was prepared according to scientific bases, assimilating the most recent educational and psychological theories.
- It was prepared by special educationists who are experienced in designing curricula and who are familiar with the needs of the target group.
- It employed the most recent techniques and educational aids.
- It went through many quality control processes, which were carried out by specialized committees, and they were enhanced by teachers who evaluated the curricula before releasing them.
The Features and Characteristics of the Textbooks:
The textbooks prepared by the International Curricula Organization (ICO) have certain features, which distinguish them from any other textbooks:
The Technical Features:
- The textbooks have been designed in accordance with the international quality standards in all aspects: colors, paper, size, illustration, and printing.
- They have been furnished with the appropriate illustrations and pictures which match the students’ educational stage and environment.
- The texts have been distributed and organized in a way that makes the type stand out, paying special attention to the font type and size, and the spaces; and colors were chosen carefully to appeal to the target stage.
The Instructional and Linguistic Features:
- Reinforce the proper linguistic basis of the non-Arabic speaking students.
- They build the students’ linguistic dictionary according to their environmental needs.
- Provide non-Arabic speaking students with a good deal of Arabian Culture vocabulary.
- Identify the correct articulations of the different sounds, through the extensive sound exercises.
- Provide strong emphasis on reading texts while students can employ the rules of the Arabic language.
- Provide an integrated curriculum with well-prepared scientific content and vocabulary.
- Take into consideration the students’ individual mental differences and their diverse linguistic skills.
- Consider the students’ different cultures.
- Develop the students’ creativity and mental faculties.
The Educational Content Features:
- Reinforce the principle of cooperation and the etiquettes of acting on several situations.
- Develop the exciting spirituality and values of the students while having fun conversation and introducing for lessons’ content.
- Help students have good attitude and passion to earn more of Arabic lessons.
- Focus on learning through communication
- Development of critical thinking skills
- Discussion of the rich culture surrounding the Arabic language
- Lessons present real-life situations
- Islamic themes